SUITE X PLUS Service Packs
Release Date: 2022-05-09
SUITE X PLUS SP2
The WSCAD SUITE X PLUS SP2 offers many new features and improvements. These are listed on this page and linked to the relevant topics when possible.
Note: The updates described here depend on the discipline and upgrade level!
- The performance when creating and editing terminal strips with many terminals (>50) has been improved.
- Color background and text alignment of BMK fields with structure identifier are displayed correctly, even during and after moving.
- If the size of a structure area is changed, the STKZ is correctly set to the position defined in the settings.
- When copying a coil, the contacts of the old coil are correctly not transferred to the new coil.
- If you assign a part to an already placed coil and make the part and the manufacturer visible, the texts are displayed on the coil and the two settings remain activated.
- When creating the multiline name of a project group (e.g. New\aProject\aGroup), the name is displayed without the separators \a in the Project Explorer.
- If a network path is specified in the WSCAD settings for the backup, the path will be correctly taken over when creating the project backup, also including the two required backslashes at the beginning of the path.
- Docked windows that are displayed on a second screen in full screen mode (e.g. the preview window) remain in full screen mode after a restart of the WSCAD software.
- When moving one or more WSCAD windows to a second monitor, the content of the windows will be displayed correctly there, even if the WSCAD software has been restarted.
- When copying text containers, the alignment of the texts is taken over correctly.
Explorer & Editors
- When adding a channel group to a newly created PLC parent element in the Symbol Editor, selecting a template for the channel group is possible without errors.
Managers & Browsers
- After rebuilding the central database, the Cable Manager correctly displays the wires of cables with cable duplicates.
- If you first define a sequence for distributed terminals in the Browser of the Terminal Manager and then convert the distributed terminals to multi-level terminals, the previously defined sequence of terminals is still displayed but is no longer taken into account.
- If all pages on which contactor contacts have been placed are deleted, these contacts are again displayed as free in the Contactor Manager.
- If terminals are placed via the Terminal Manager, existing structure identifiers are correctly adopted.
Import & export
- The import of WMF files works correctly via Insert | Graphic | Image.
- If a line width factor is specified during PDF export, dashed lines will be displayed correctly in the PDF file.
- After changing the project language, when exporting to PDF with the Output with symbol parameters check box activated, the symbol parameters displayed in the popups are also correctly displayed in the selected project language.
- When exporting to DXF/DWG, the older AutoCad versions R13, R14 and R15 are no longer supported, due to problems with displaying colors.
- For contactor parts, the contact comb can be changed correctly in the Part Management via the Edit/expand contactor dialog.
- In the Combi element dialog, you can use the + and – keys to increase or decrease the number of the additional part if a cell of the additional part is selected. If the cursor is placed directly in the Part field, the + and – characters can be entered there as text. In both cases it does not matter whether + and – are used from the letter block or from the number block of the keyboard.
- Part data from connection attributes are correctly displayed in the reports at the associated connections.
- If you create a new part via the part management, the current date is automatically entered in the WSCAD field Creation date in the following form: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM
- Importing parts into a newly created SQL part database works fine.
- If you filter for parts in a SQL part database and then select and delete the filtered parts with CTRL+A, only these parts are deleted.
- During Phoenix PROJECT complete marking export, the aspects defined as output fields are exported correctly. In addition all output fields that were taken over from the “Cable chart” placeholder list are exported correctly.
- Phoenix PROJECT complete planning import and export of terminal strips and DIN rails has been improved. Terminal strip ref. names, terminal accessories, levels and terminal position numbers (KPN) of multilevel terminals, wire jumpers and plug-in jumpers as well as height, width and depth of the elements on a DIN rail are output and imported correctly.
- Via Interfaces | Production | Steinhauer PWA, all rotated elements are output correctly.
BA module (Building Automation)
- If the function text of a symbol is changed in the Data Point Browser, the function text is also changed in all other disciplines.
- When inserting a symbol into the plan via the Material Explorer, the data points of the symbol are displayed correctly in Data Point Browser.
- When linking an EE symbol to a BA symbol via the BMK in the Enter reference designation dialog, the data points of the BA symbol are displayed correctly in the EE symbol via the Data Point Browser.
- In the Plugin Manager, only one datapoint key plugin can be activated at a time, not several at once.
EI module (Electrical Installation)
- Risers can be placed over several floors from top to bottom as well as from bottom to top with the associated cables and displayed correctly in the 3D view.
- Generating a material list with the output type “3. Together + Ref. name” and activated “Additional parts” check box works correctly for the discipline EI.
CE module (Cabinet Engineering)
- If you activate the Use parent check box for a CE element in the properties dialog under Cabinet part, the coordinates of the CE element are correctly adjusted to the specified reference point of the parent element.
- CE pages that contain cabinet elements with cutouts are imported correctly.
Release Date: 2020-11-16
SUITE X PLUS SP1
- Part management has been activated for the SUITE Compact version. In addition, the function “Edit contact comb” has been activated so that even combs can be taken over from a part.
- When exporting a project, a document folder or a single page to PDF, individual PDF files can now be created for all project languages in one step. The menu entry “PDF multilingual …” has been added to the export menu. This function is only available with a valid maintenance contract.
- With the new menu entry “Help | Delete empty containers”, all empty and borrowed expired containers are deleted.
- The new data point key plugin BKS_15 is available via the Plugin Manager.
- When the data point key plugin BKS_13 is used, the structure identifiers are taken over correctly.
- The path variables can be used not only when generating lists and plans and when saving projects, but also when exporting to PDF/DXF/DWG/graphics and when exporting to the various production interfaces such as CadCabel, Komax and Steinhauer.
- When exporting to PDF, a new selection list allows you to choose whether sections and document folders should be displayed in the bookmarks menu tree of the PDF file with only the name, the name and description or the name and comment.
- The update of the data points and data point keys after changes to the data point database or the data point key plugin has been improved.
- Working with cables assigned to both EI and BA symbols has been improved in many places.
- A new check box “Graphics and text are always in the foreground” has been added under “Tools | Settings (options) | Cabinet”. If it is activated, graphics and texts inserted on cabinet pages are automatically placed in the foreground. If the check box is deactivated, graphics and texts can now be placed in the background based on their settings in the properties dialog via “View | Display sequence | Back”.
- In order to display the parts of connection attributes in the material list, the radio button “Parts from connection attributes” was added to the “Generate material list” dialog.
- With the Phoenix PROJECT complete planning import of terminals, the mounting offset for the arrangement of the terminals on the rail is correctly taken into account.
- The Phoenix PROJECT complete planning terminal export has been improved with regard to multi-level terminals, terminal accessories, wire jumpers and plug-in jumpers.
- The Phoenix PROJECT complete marking export has been improved with regard to references, PLC elements, terminals, cables and wires.
- For the “Siemens TIA-Portal” interface (via “Interface | Siemens | SPS CAEX”), the new tab “Variable table” (Tag Table) was added in the PLC Manager. It contains the name, data type, channel address and comment of the channels of a PLC module.
- Extension for the Siemens TIA interface: In the PLC Manager and in the properties dialog of a PLC parent element, the parent element can be defined as a CPU using a check box. Only one CPU per module is allowed.
- For the export of PLC elements via the Siemens TIA interface, a data type can be defined for each channel in the PLC Manager via the new “Data type” field, e.g., Bool (standard), Byte, Int, Real, etc. During the import, the data type settings are read from the AML file and then saved.
- A few small corrections and improvements have been made to the interface to the PRO.FILE PLM system. Parts that have received a part ID from PRO.FILE in WSCAD can be opened directly from the WSCAD part database in PRO.FILE. In addition, versioning with status check is also possible.
- When importing a csv file into the part database, special characters such as umlauts are also supported. To do this, however, the csv files must be saved in UTF-8 format.
- The user data for logging on to the proxy server is only displayed encrypted in the app.wscfg file.
- When you call up wscaduniverse.com from the SUITE, the “Import” button is visible again on the search results page.
- The Update Dialog (accessible via “Help | Internet Update”) has been completely redesigned.
- The navigation through the properties dialogs using the tab key has been improved.
- The 3D view of an installation plan page works correctly.
- The values entered in the project wizard variables “Mounting location”, “Plant”, “Installation site” and “Functional assignment” are displayed correctly in the generated plans.
- When the WSCAD SUITE is placed maximized on a second screen, this position remains stored even if the WSCAD SUITE is restarted.
- When generating lists and charts, all placeholders “Section with structure identifier…” are filled correctly.
- In the connector chart, the connectors can also be displayed continuously over several columns arranged side by side per sheet.
- Creating new material in the Material Explorer works correctly.
- A virtual terminal strip created in the Terminal Manager can be placed correctly using the Material Explorer.
- Creating a new project with the template “20. Sections with 4 aspects…” works correctly.
- After importing multi-level terminals via the “Import external material data” dialog of the Material Explorer, the multi-level terminals are correctly grouped and sorted in the Material Explorer.
- The structure identifiers of the elements from a placed macro are correctly displayed in the properties dialog of the symbols and in the associated managers.
- Changing the ref. name or the function text of a virtual cable works correctly.
- If the auto-numbering function (which can be called up via “Tools | Numbering | Reference”) does not return the set sequence for cables of BA symbols, this can be fixed by running the “Tools | Check | Clean up file” function before starting the numbering process.
- Removing a wire name via “Tools | Wire names | Remove wire names” works correctly now.
- When copying measuring points, you can now change the unique identification number for the new measuring points.
- If the comb of a contactor is supplemented by one or more additional parts, all these additional parts will be displayed in the material list.
- The texts of the connection attribute (wire color, wire cross-section, wire type, etc.) can be moved/rotated/modified separately.
- The wire information, e.g., length, cross-section and color are correctly output in the wiring diagram.
- If coils with mechanical vertical action lines (dotted lines) are placed next to each other at the same height, all action lines are visible.
- In the “Create Project” dialog, the “Template” radio button is preset as the structure when a new project is created. If you copy a project, the “Project” radio button is preset.
- The settings for the automatic redirection of doors can be changed under “Tools | Settings (options) | Installation”.
- Creating connections for virtual PLC channels via the PLC Manager works correctly.
- When inserting an element on a cabinet page using the Material Explorer, the dimensions of the element can be specified correctly in the “Enter dimensions” dialog. Even the “Draw manually” function can be used again.
- If the check box “Part data from database” is deactivated when generating the material list, this data is not displayed for the list entries.
- If you change the order of the project structure when creating a new project (e.g., from ==A1=B1++C1+D1 to ++C1+D1==A1=B1), the reference designations of the placed symbols are assigned the same order.
- After inserting a macro, the information from the part is correctly transferred to the connection attributes.
- In the material list, the component names of additional parts assigned to the contactors via the Contactor Manager are displayed correctly.
- Medium connection lines can be correctly aligned with the grid lines using the “Align to grid” context menu command. The lines remain connected to the symbols.
- When a PLC child element is placed, the text for the channel address is aligned correctly.
- When you activate the “Show pin texts” check box under “Tools | Settings (options) | Cabinet”, the pin numbers and pin names are displayed on the elements in the correct font size.
- Rotation variants that have been changed in the symbol editor are placed correctly via the Material Explorer.
- The export of CE pages to a JPG graphic has been improved. The texts in the placeholders of the frame are displayed correctly.
- If you activate the check box “New page for every structure identifier” when generating a reference list, a new page is generated for each structure identifier; otherwise, only blank lines are inserted between the various structure identifiers.
- The import of external files for automatic routing (accessible via “Tools | Cabinet | Import external wiring”) works correctly.
- When opening the “Macro variables” dialog for an inserted macro variant in the Project Wizard, the part database can be accessed correctly via the “Open part database” button.
- In the Distribution and Circuit Manager, elements in the tree view can be moved by dragging and dropping – and elements that are on the same level can thus be sorted.
- In the “Change part” dialog of the part management, changes to the part number are correctly applied in the “Part” field.
- When deleting elements on an EI page that partially cover the frame, the frame is retained correctly.
- The description and comment of a structure area can be switched to visible and invisible correctly.
- A macro can be assigned to a part via the part database in the WSCAD field “Symbol Cabinet”. If the symbol to which this part has been assigned is placed via the Material Explorer, the macro is displayed correctly.
- The numbering type “Name sheet #1” set under “Tools | Settings (options) | Numbering | Reference” is applied correctly when creating new cables with the Cable Manager.
- If the check box “Use external connection file” is activated under “Tools | Settings (options) | Cabinet | Routing”, and the external wiring file “ExtWiring.xlsx” is located in the WSCAD directory “Externals”, the file will be read correctly during routing.
- Elements without connections are also listed in the reference chart (e.g., PLC parent elements with virtual supply pins).
- After inserting a child element, the cross-reference is positioned correctly in the text container of the parent element.
- Colors can be correctly assigned to the terminal pins in the Terminal Manager by using the “Terminal Pin Color Configuration” dialog.
- If several, as yet unplaced channels are selected in the PLC Manager and placed together as PLC elements in the plan, all these PLC elements appear correctly in the reference chart.
- The cursor is displayed correctly in the “Object” mode (can be set via “Tools | Settings (options) | View | Cursor”).