WSCAD ELECTRIX – our most powerful electrical CAD – is a brand new product. It is a new generation of electrical CAD software, even better than our multiple award-winning WSCAD SUITE. The new WSCAD ELECTRIX comes with a completely new design engine (editor) and embedded compatibility to standard formats like DXF/DWG. Graphic operations are lighting fast, because ELECTRIX uses the full power of your graphic processors (GPU). WSCAD ELECTRIX is based on modern technologies like augmented reality, multi-threading and automation. ELECTRIX is even more intuitive to use. It includes a broad set of new features, significantly improved quality and it can be customised to your specific needs. This is exactly the electrical CAD software that you have been waiting for. There is a lot to love – including the price!
WSCAD ELECTRIX Update Service Pack 1
The update contains optimisations and functional enhancements of the electrical CAD software WSCAD ELECTRIX! If you are an ELECTRIX customer with a subscription licence or a valid maintenance contract, you can download Service Pack 1 (SP1) from your electrical design software free of charge.
Benefits of the new software WSCAD ELECTRIX
Our awardwinning usability got even better
- Search & click: try our new revolutionary search and you will never have to explore a submenu again. In our blog article you can read more about working with our Quick Search (Search & Click).
- New Design Engine (Editor) with intuitive look & feel and lots of improvements. We summarized the most important changes in our blog article The brandnew WSCAD ELECTRIX Design Engine (Editor).
- Data export can be configured freely by using path variables
- Labelling and marking of wires is super flexible and can be customised to meet specific requirements
- Save time by comfortably using rotation variants
- The new mouse-over function automatically highlights elements
Unique data compatibility
- Data compatibility to WSCAD SUITE: Read & Write data: all data created with WSCAD SUITE since 2012 can be read in ELECTRIX. All data created in ELECTRIX can also be saved in the formats of the last three SUITE Versions. This bi-directional data compatibility is unique and hardly any other vendor offers this.
- Handling DXF/DWG files is easy: in WSCAD ELECTRIX you can even edit layers and elements from the DWG file. there is no need to convert the DWG file. This is super fast and saves time and effort.
- Design control cabinets based on data and schematics from other electrical CAD software: simply import the relevant data in ELECTRIX and start working.
- More than 2.1 Million components data from 400 manufacturers in various formats are at your disposal in wscaduniverse.com. It saves time when you don’t have to create electrical symbols or data by yourself. Bill of materials (BOM) can be downloaded to WSCAD ELECTRIX so you can start using these components straight away.
Optimised for building automation
- Automatically generate schematics and the allocation of data points to the controllers. This saves huge amounts of time and sets quality benchmarks.
- New data point key Plugin FRAPORT_2 for building automation, especially useful when working with FRAPORT (Frankfurt Airport). Read more about how Fraport is designing building and room automation with WSCAD in this technical paper.
- Extension of the data point key Plugin BKS_Open in order to use folders and data from pages for the automatic generation of data point keys
- Extension of the components data base so communication profiles can be added to devices
Data point management redesigned and compliant with ISO 16484, BACnet and the new German standard VDI 3814
- New function list and forms for automated reports
- Over 300 macros for building automation including new macros for cooling technology. No other vendor delivers this amount of macros for building automation. By using macros you safe precious engineering time.
Lots of interfaces
- SIEMENS TIA Portal: easy bi-directional synchronisation of PLC assemblies. WSCAD ELECTRIX supports SIEMENS TIA Portal V1.0, V1.1 and V 1.2
- PHOENIX CONTACT PROJECT complete offers support when configuring and marking terminal strips and multi-level terminals and other parts
- WAGO smartDESIGNER: Export of terminal configurations
- Manufacturing machines (drilling, milling, cable assembly and harnessing) from nVent/Steinhauer, Komax, Rittal/Kiesling as well as just in time delivery of preconfigured cable bundles from CadCabel
Even more benefits
- Interdisciplinary Engineering (IDE) enables efficient and seamless collaboration between different engineering disciplines. IDE makes your daily work easier and is used by companies like Cummins Inc., Hosokawa Alpine AG, and Trox.
- Electrical installation
- Designing floor plans has been improved
- Cables are consistently managed in building automation, electrical installation and electrical schematics
- Faster design of building installation by using the new macro library with predefined equipment classes for residential buildings
- Big projects are managed faster by switching to 64bit hardware. With Windows you can use significantly more of the fast memory (RAM) storage
- Direct support of the GPU (the processor on the graphic card) for graphical operations
ELECTRIX is lightning fast
We paid particular attention to speed and performance, because speed is one of the top three most important features for electrical CAD users. A PLC is created in no time at all, terminal management is super easy and the complete documentation of your project is ready up to 10 times faster than in previous versions.
ELECTRIX runs with automation
We believe in automating processes and routine tasks, so engineers and designers can make better use of their valuable time. Schematics can then be generated automatically from these templates (macros) at the push of a button.
The complete generation of schematics can be automated by using product configurators with WSCAD ELECTRIX. Engineering time is reduced from weeks to just a few minutes. Find out how companies like Bruckmann Steuerungstechnik or Caterpillar have implemented this with WSCAD.
Building AR App
We have developed an augmented reality to help building designers scan buildings in no time. With the Building AR app you can scan entire rooms including doors and windows and save them as a DXF file.
Usability, functionality at a fair price
Usability is our top priority, because 55% of all Electrical CAD users claim that ease of use is by far their most important feature. And although ELECTRIX is easy to use, it provides a very wide range of functions. You can start small and expand the functionality at any time via add-on modules.
Electrical schematics, control cabinets, piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID), fluid power, building automation as well as the entire electrical installation – everything is implemented consistently on one platform. This saves a lot of time when implementing changes and it helps you avoid costly mistakes.
Good software doesn’t have to be expensive: ELECTRIX comes with a very competitive price tag and is usually much more affordable than software from our competitors. And you will find that this advantage also applies to the annual recurring maintenance costs.
Modular, scalable and flexible
Whether you need additional functions or more licenses, the WSCAD solution is modular and scalable. It grows with the increasing demand, without data breaks.
The software license is available for a single user (node locked) or as a multi-user network license (floating). Network licenses offer additional investment protection: you can use the borrow-function to temporarily borrow network licenses. Should you lose your laptop, the license will automatically jump back to the server after the borrowing period expires. The license is not lost and your investment remains protected.
SWITCH – your old electrical CAD for WSCAD ELECTRIX!
Give us a call to get your personalised offer: United Kingdom +44 (0) 203 966 2446 International +49 (0) 8131 3627-365 Germany +49 (0) 8131 3627-98 Or just send us an E-Mail: Worldwide@wscad.com