The Cabinet Engineering discipline provides a significant amount of support for the design and layout cabinets: for example, the exact and optimal placement of components, collision checks for objects and the calculation of wire lengths and wire routes already during the planning. Even the filling degree of cable ducts is always visible. Drilling data for bulk goods such as mounting rails, for example, can be configured easily through a dialog. The 3D view provides better spatial awareness of the cabinet. All generated data is available for the production of wire and cable bundles, label printing, mounting plates and cabinet doors on NC machining centers.
A useful feature is the cabinet layout from external E-CAD data without any previously created schematics: A wizard reads terminal charts and material and connection lists and matches them against the WSCAD database. A new degree of freedom for cabinet builders, who want to create cabinet layouts with WSCAD on the basis of data from other E-CAD systems.
- Requirements-based project start: initiation of
planning with the cabinet or schematics
- 3D wire routing and wire length calculation in the
control cabinet to optimize the cable harness
- Automated cabinet wiring while considering
various voltage levels
- Standardized control cabinet layouts (cabinet macros)
for faster design planning
- Placement support, collision checks and
fill level display already during the planning phase
- Export of all data for automated production
(wiring lists, drilling/CNC data, part lists)
Technology at a glance
- Scale-based planning
- Precise right and left-aligned placement of components
accurate to one-tenth of a millimeter
- Fill level calculation and display of cable ducts
- Collision check of objects
- Auto-routing of connections, calculation of wire lengths
- 3D representation for better spatial awareness
- Cabinet configuration based on external E-CAD data
Cabinet Engineering with manufacturing integration
However you may call it, the results are the same: fast, fully digital processing and consistently high quality. Cabinet Engineering from the WSCAD SUITE puts the right engineering tools at your fingertips. Schematics, 2D and 3D cabinet layouts, label printing, wire and core labelling, data that can be used for the production of wires, wire sets, cabinet doors and mounting plates through to wiring and maintenance via an augmented reality app – all of these are included in the WSCAD SUITE X.
This information brochure provides an overview of the manufacturing integration with the WSCAD SUITE and the advantages of end-to-end digital engineering.